- The end scene of the Haunted Mansion has new AudioAnamatronic Hitchhiking Ghosts however,the scene is still currently being worked on.
- When Mickey starts meeting guests on Main Street USA on April 1st, he will be meeting them as Magician Mickey. Also, keep your eye out for previews later this week. If you’re looking for FASTPASS machines for the Mickey meet and greet, you’ll find them between The Chapeau and Tony’s Town Square.
- The Tomorrowland Terrace is open for the busy Spring Break crowds. It will be open from 11am - 4pm until April 26th.
- A new walking tour has been introduced to the Magic Kingdom. Called Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom, the tour it will explore how events in Walt Disney’s life helped shape the Walt Disney World Resort and the attractions within it.
- Epcot has been testing a new way of entering the park. Guests are not asked to insert their ticket into a machine and push through the turnstiles, instead, guests place their tickets next to a barcode scanner, it scans it and also your finger, and guests just walk into the park. No word on how long this test will last and if it will make it’s way permanently into the parks.
- The Sounds Like Summer Concert series artists have been announced. The concerts take place at 5:45, 7 and 8:15 p.m. Artists include:
• Hotel California – Eagles tribute band, June 12-18
• Stayin’ Alive – Bee Gees tribute band, June 19-25
• Slippery When Wet – Bon Jovi tribute band, June 26-July 2
• Little Queen – Heart tribute band, July 3-9
• Frontiers – Journey tribute band, July 10-16
• Karin Lawson – A tribute to Janet Jackson, July 17-23
• 2U – U2 tribute band, July 24-30
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- We’ll be seeing some changes in the characters that appear at the Studios. Lotso will be removed from the Magic of Disney Animation on April 30th. He will be replaced by Winnie the Pooh on May 16th.
- The Cars meet and greet area will be seeing some updates as well, with the new Cars 2 movie on the way. Lightening McQueen will be removed April 8th with Mater leaving April 18th. After that, the meet and greet area will be redone with a new backdrop and a new look for Lightening.The area will reopen May 16th.
- Also, guests can expect the new Phineas and Ferb meet and greet to begin May 16th.
- It’s being said that the Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade will change directions April 6th
- Tatooine Traders is expected to have a two week refurb starting April 4th and lasting til April 17th. The shop will be reconfigured and restocked. Rumors are indicating that Star Tours will begin soft openings around this time period too.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The Yeti at Expedition Everest has been seeing some work. The Yeti is currently covered up and will be for the next few months. When it reopens, the rumors indicate that it will return with a little movement once again.
General WDW News
- Disney is getting ready to release info on a new race that will be taking place at the resort. For more info, follow their Facebook page, as that is where they are releasing clues.
- The Contemporary is currently testing free wireless internet in the lobby, the pool area, The Wave Restaurant and in convention center common areas. This test is slated to last around 30 days.
- Blizzard Beach has reopened from it’s annual refurbishment.
- The Wave at Disney’s Contemporary is now offering a breakfast buffet.
- The Tiki Room’s refurb has supposedly been pushed back until June 30th. Speculation keeps getting stronger that the Under New Management show will not return.
- A general idea of when Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party dates are out there. These are tentative and subject to change.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Oct. 2-6-7-10-11-13-16-18-20-21-23-25- 27-28-30-31
Nov 1Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Dec. 2-4-6-7-9-11-13- 14-16-18
The Fairies will be moving back to the Magic Kingdom as soon as the Flower and Garden Festival is over. They will then move into the Adventureland Veranda, taking over for the Princesses.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- During Disney’s Social Media Moms event, a character of Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates appeared. It’s rumored that Jake may indeed be meeting guests in the park soon.
General WDW News
- Rumors indicate that the next DVC resort could potentially be located at the Grand Floridian.
News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as suchShare