I want to take this moment to say that I am thinking about those in Japan in this time of need for them.
Now, on with the News and Rumors!
- It didn’t take long to figure out what the permit that was filed for Skyway work will entail. Apparently the guess that was had about Disney taking the Fantasyland Skyway station and including new restrooms in this area was the right one. In addition, rumors indicate that Disney will be closing the restrooms by Peter Pan’s Flight and using this area to help create a larger, NextGen Queue for Peter Pan.
- Club 626 is back in Tomorrowland for the busy Spring season. The party runs from 4 pm – 10 pm.
- After this year, Grad Nites will no longer take place at WDW.
- The Haunted Mansion NextGen Queue is currently is soft opening mode. It will open for periodic play testing for the next few weeks. Once testing is done, it will close for final touch-ups and then is expected to open permanently in April.
- LeCellier is now a Signature Dining Establishment at Dinner. This will require 2 Table Service credits for dinner, but lunch will remain 1 Table Service credit. To check how the menus were affected, click here for dinner and here for lunch.
- Via Napoli is offering pizza by the slice once again from a quick service kiosk out front. Items offered are Cheese and Pepperoni Pizzas and a Cannoli. Also, interesting to not is the price of the cheese pizza is now $4.50…$2.00 cheaper than it was a few months ago. It will be available here until May 28th.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- It is expected that Star Tours II will have an AP preview before the attraction reopens to the general public.
General WDW News
- The store, Mickey’s Groove will close April 2nd. In it’s place, the Harley Davidson store will relocate here, making for a bigger store in all by incorporating the former Little MissMatched store area too.
- Also, in DTD reshuffling news, RIDEMAKERZ is going close in it’s current location (at the former Virgin Megastore) on April 30th. No word on where it would be moved to, but it’s suggested that they will be moving to the Marketplace side.
- The Wave at Disney’s Contemporary is now offering a breakfast buffet.
- The expected opening date for Town Square Theater is April 1st.
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures is rumored not to close until Under the Sea: Journey to the Little Mermaid is open, which would be in 2012.
- The Tiki Room’s refurb has supposedly been pushed back until June 30th. And yes, because of this push back, the rumors, as they have been for the past 2 months already, are still floating around that we could be getting the Tropical Serenade show back.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- It could be only a matter of time before Lightning McQueen is added to Lights, Motors, Action.
- Tatooine Traders is expected to have a two week refurb starting April 4th and lasting til April 17th. The shop will be reconfigured and restocked. Rumors are indicating that Star Tours will begin soft openings around this time period too.
News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as suchShare