- The Tomorrowland Terrace is open for the busy Spring Break crowds. It will be open from 11am - 4pm until April 26th.
- A new walking tour has been introduced to the Magic Kingdom. Called Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom, the tour it will explore how events in Walt Disney’s life helped shape the Walt Disney World Resort and the attractions within it.
- Casey’s Corner is now serving specialty hot dogs in addition to their regular menu items. New items include a Chicago-Style Dog -topped with Tomato Slices, Dill Pickle, Chicago-style Relish and Banana Peppers, a Chili Cheese Dog-topped with Chili and Shredded Cheddar Cheese, and a Barbecue Slaw Dog-topped with Pulled Pork, Cole Slaw, and Barbecue Sauce.
- The meet and greet area in the Town Square Theater is now open. Guests may meet with Magician Mickey and also the Princesses in this location.
- Rumor that turned true: Angelica, from the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, will start to do meet and greets with guests starting April 15th in Adventureland.
- Because Angelica is coming to Adventureland, Goofy will have his meet and greet moved to Frontierland at the exit of Splash Mountain.
- The Enchanted Tiki Room’s reopening date has been pushed back to Aug. 16th.
- The Liberty Belle’s refurb dates have changed. It will now take place May 2nd – May 25th.
- The new Hitchhiking Ghosts effect is currently spooking guests.
- The Beast’s Castle is appearing on the horizon in the New Fantasyland.
- The Sounds Like Summer Concert series artists have been announced. The concerts take place at 5:45, 7 and 8:15 p.m. Artists include: Hotel California – A Salute to the Eagles, 6/12-18/11 Stayin’ Alive – A Tribute to the Bee Gees, 6/19-25/11 Slippery When Wet – The Ultimate Bon Jovi Tribute, 6/26-7/2/11 Little Queen – The Music of Heart, 7/3-9/11 Frontiers – A Tribute to Journey, 7/10-16/11 Karin Lawson – A Tribute to Janet Jackson, 7/17-23/11 2U – A Tribute to U2, 7/24-30/11
- The China Pavilion shop that was down for refurb has reopened as the House of Good Fortune. The store also has a brand new layout.
- During the final weekend of the Flower and Garden Festival, May 13th – 15th, Disney will be celebrating Pixar Weekend! Guests will be greeted by the Green Army men, plus exclusive meet and greets throughout the park. Planned meet and greets include Carl, Russell and Dug from Up (at the Fountains of Nations Stage); Mike Wazowski, Sulley, Boo, Smitty, Needleman and George Sanderson from Monsters Inc (at the Universe of Energy pavilion); Mr. Incredible, Frozone, and Elastigirl from The Incredibles (at Innoventions West); Lightning McQueen, Mater, and the Rust-eze girls from Cars 2 (at Test Track); living coral representing Finding Nemo (at The Seas with Nemo and Friends); Flik, Atta, Gypsy, and Slim from A Bug’s Life (at The African Outpost); Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Bullseye, Lotso, and Mr. Potatohead from Toy Story (at the American Adventure Pavilion); Remy and Emile from Ratatouille (at the France Pavilion); and Wall-E from WALL-E (at Mission:Space).
- Mother’s Day brunch will not be held during the International Flower & Garden Festival this year.
- Next year’s Flower and Garden Festival will take place March 7th – May 20th, 2012.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- New destinations have been announced for Star Tours II. Of course Tatooine and Coruscant have already been announced. Additional destinations include a visit to Naboo, the Wookiee planet of Kashyyyk, the planet Geonosis, and also Hoth.
- Another rumor that turned out true: Lightning McQueen will be replacing Herbie the Love Bug at Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show in June.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Primeval Whirl’s refurb has been pushed back to June 2nd.
General WDW News
- Disney will once again be offering a discount for off peak dining hours at counter service restaurants at all four theme parks during the hours of before 11:30am or between 3pm and 4:30pm. Between April 17 and April 23 guests can redeem a voucher for 25% off their bill with the purchase of any entrée. The discount vouchers can be found on The Times Guide available in the parks and resorts, online at http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/, the bottom of select merchandise receipts or the bottom of select resort quick-service receipt.
- Jiko at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge has a brand new wine experience which takes place on Wednesdays from 3-4 pm. Guests will be able to sample 3 different vintages that will be paired with cheese and fruit. The cost will be $25 plus tax and tip.
- If you’ll be in WDW for Easter, a few places will be offering Easter meals: breakfast at Cape May at the Beach Club, brunch at Chef Mickey’s and The Wave at the Contemporary and at Captain’s Grill at the Yacht Club, and dinner at the Garden Grove located at the Swan and at Portobello at Downtown Disney.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- During Disney’s Social Media Moms event, a character of Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates appeared. It’s rumored that Jake may indeed be meeting guests in the park soon.
- Peter Mayhew, the actor behind Chewbacca will be attending Weekend 4 of Star Wars Weekends and Jeremy Bulloch, the actor behind Boba Fett will be there for Weekend 3.
News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
Rikki Niblett is a co-host of the Be Our Guest Podcast and runs the blog, A Disney World After All.