Whether you have been to Disney World once, twice, or countless times there are some things etched into your memory that you will long for until the day you return again to the Promised Land. Perhaps you long for an attraction, a show, a restaurant, parade, a snack, or just a leisurely walk though the parks. Whatever you’re looking forward to when you return to Disney World there are some things that your vacation just wouldn’t be the same without.
As a passionate Disney fan I have a sentimental attachment to so many things in, at, and around the parks. I’m sure there are some things you have developed a sentimental attachment to yourself and if any of those things were ever removed from the parks we would be devastated. The funny thing about us Disney fans is that we want change, we embrace change, but if that means losing one of our favorites we become despondent, dejected, and downhearted.
There are so many things I can’t live without at Walt Disney World but, for me to include them all would mean writing a book. So, I decided to share seven things I can’t live without at Disney World.
1. Dole Whip – This perfect blend of pineapple and soft vanilla ice cream may just be the greatest concoction known to mankind. The float is pretty good too.
2. Soarin – A human sized erector set that lets you glide like an angel over the Golden State, California. The attraction also boasts what I believe is the best musical score ever written for an attraction.
3. Illuminations – It’s not just a spectacular fireworks show it’s a nightly epic event for all ages.
4. The Monorail – It isn’t considered an attraction but this mechanical tube of genius should be and no trip to Disney World is complete without at least one Monorail ride.
5. Main Street USA – Entering any Disney theme park brings joy and perhaps even a tear to your eyes but nothing beats the feeling that instantly overcomes you when you step out of the underpass at the Magic Kingdom, walk past Town Square, and gaze down Main Street at Cinderella’s Castle.
6. Magical Express – It’s where your magic journey to Disney World starts. The excitement begins when you board the Magical Express bus and the anticipation of your arrival continues to build as you get closer to Disney World.
7. Cast Members – Disney calls their employees cast members well, I call them magic makers. The Disney theme parks are the greatest due in a large part to the hard work and dedication of the cast members who will do anything they can to make our vacation a magical one by granting our wishes and making our dreams come true.
What are some of the things you can’t live without at Disney World? I’d love to hear your comments.