- Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom, a role-playing, attraction game was officially announced. Debuting in early 2012, this new game allows for guests to have Merlin the Magician recruit them to become apprentice sorcerers and then help them with maps and clues that show where and how to defeat an army of Disney villains.
- A new, updated Test Track car has been spotted running it’s paces. This could tie into the rumor that I posted earlier about a potential refurb coming to Test Track starting in Jan.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The band, The Tropicals will perform their last performance on Oct. 29th.
- The rumor was correct. Disney will indeed have a character lunch at Tusker House. Starting Dec. 4th, Donald’s Dining Safari Lunch will be a buffet that’s available from 11am to 2:45pm daily and will vary in cost by season from $25.99 to $29.99 for adults and $14.99 to $16.99 for children ages 3 to 9. Foods available will include spit-roasted meats, unique salads, creative vegetarian offerings, hearty stews and desserts, everything with an African flare to it.
General WDW News
- Disney is now sending reminder emails to guests 24 hours before their Dining Reservation is scheduled. Included in the email are your confirmation number, location, date/time, and party size, along with a link to modify or cancel the reservation.
- Prices are set to increase at Cirque du Soleil starting effective Sept. 27th.
- When Gaston’s Tavern opens with the new Fantasyland, the rumor is that Disney will be serving some sort of frothy concoction, similar in nature to Butterbeer, that’s found over at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Journey into Narnia attraction may be replaced by a Pirates of the Caribbean walk through attraction.
- When Fantasmic reopens from the refurb in February, a talking Mickey may be added to the show.
News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.