- Golden Oak Outpost’s menu has changed again, only offering hot dogs, chips, cakes, and drinks.
- The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor will be closed for a refurb from Jan. 9th – Feb. 17th.
- The Night of Joy has announced an early schedule of their line up. The event will take place Sept. 7th and 8th. On Friday, performers include Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, needtobreathe, Red, Francesca Battistelli, Brandon Heath, Royal Tailor, Disciple and on Saturday, MercyMe, Third Day, Kutless, Chris August, Lecrae and Thousand Foot Krutch.
- The Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade will once again be shown during park hours starting Dec. 19th – Dec. 31st. The parade will be shown at 3 pm from Dec 19th – Dec 24th and 12:30 pm
- The House of Innovention will be closed for refurbishment to make way for the VISION House. When it reopens, cast members will lead guests through the house for a guided tour featuring building science fundamentals, integrated design elements, green products, and intelligent systems that enhance the home’s sustainability. Then, guests will be directed into a post-show area, which will contain interactive kiosks that contain further information about sustainable living. It is expected to open in Mid 2012, with the rumored date of May.
- Chita Rivera has been added as the last Celebrity Narrator for Candlelight Processional on Dec. 16th – 18th.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars Weekends have been announced. For 2012, those dates are: May 18th – 20th, May 25th -27th, June 1st-3rd and June 8th-10th.
- The Backlot Tour’s refurbishment date has been changed to Feb. 13th – March 11th.
- A new limited time Quick Service Fantasmic Dining Package is now available. The new package is called A Taste of Hollywood–A Fantasmic Dining Experience and offers an affordable picnic plus reserved seating for Fantasmic. The pick of up the meals is at Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner starting at 11 am to 1 and a half hours before your selected showtime. Guests can pick up their meal at their convenience. Guests may pre-order by calling 407-WDW-DINE. This is only being offered right now from Dec. 18th – Dec. 31st. Meals include:
-Fried chicken with maple-glazed sweet potato and baby spinach salad, broccoli and cranberry salad and cheesecake ($14.99)
-Veggie wrap with avocado spread, tabbouleh, avocado and tomato salad with citrus vinaigrette and chocolate cake ($14.99)
-Olive oil poached salmon with couscous salad with dried cranberries and peas, roasted beet and apple salad and Key lime pie ($14.99)
- Teriyaki and orange marinated beef with udon noodle salad and caramelized vegetables and sesame mandarin vinaigrette, seaweed salad with gingered carrots and mandarin orange cheesecake ($14.99)
-Fresh fruits, Brie, dipped strawberries and focaccia bread ($11.99)
-Chocolate-dipped pretzels, strawberries and marshmallows with chocolate dipping sauce ($9.99)
-Kid’s meal with turkey and American cheese wrap and strawberry yogurt, apples and carrots with ranch dip and seven-layer cookie bar ($5.49)
-Kid’s meal Power Pack with Goldfish crackers, strawberry yogurt, string cheese, apples and carrots with ranch dip and a seven-layer cookie bar ($5.49)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Characters from Up will be doing meet and greets soon.
- Kali River Rapids will be closed for refurbishment from Jan. 23rd – Feb. 9th.
General WDW News
- Disney Quest is offering a New Year’s Eve event again. From 8 pm – 1 am, guests who attend will be entertained with a DJ and dance party and unlimited access to all the games. At Midnight, there will be a confetti drop. In addition, party goers will receive a coupon for a meal and drink. The cost is $45 in advance or $55 at the door per person.
- ESPN Wide World of Sports will see an expansion of 25 acres. Improvements will include upgraded playing fields, enhanced lighting, a brand new audio system and also video displays.
- The Health and Wellness Suites at the Contemporary have indeed been canceled. The Suites and the Concierge Lounge on the 14th floor will be refurbished.
- The Pepper Market at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort will be testing a new buffet option for both breakfast and lunch from now until January 4th. Prices will be $14.99 for adults and $8.99 for kids for breakfast and $16.99 for adults and $9.99 for kids for lunch.
- At the Polynesian, a beach re-nourishment from Jan. 4th – Jan. 17th. The beach will remain open during this time.
- Trail’s End at Ft. Wilderness has introduced a new baked potato bar with their dinner buffet.
- Hoop-de-doo-revue is testing new times. From now through Feb. 11th showtimes will be 4:00 pm, 6:15 pm, and 8:30 pm
- Walgreens appears to be the first tenant of the Flamingo Crossing shopping area.
- Hearing that soft openings for Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom could happen as soon as Christmas week for guests. (Of course, this is PURELY rumor!)
- Could Avatar-land be built at Rafiki’s Planet Watch? That’s what some rumors indicate this week.
- The rumor that Angel may be replacing Lilo at Animal Kingdom soon.
News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.Share