Who is your favorite Disney character? Do you have their autograph? Did you know that many characters at Walt Disney World offer autographs in addition to taking photographs? I have always loved to get the characters’ autographs when we visit the Parks and recently I found some of my old books from when I was younger. It was amazing to look through them and compare them to my recent books – and I was impressed that many of the autographs were very similar. A signature from 2011 is almost identical to a signature from 1993!
On my most recent trip, August 2011, it was my 5 year old daughter’s 1st time at Walt Disney World and I wanted us to meet as many characters as possible. Not knowing exactly how she would react, we choose a lot of character dining, that way we had the characters coming around to us and we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves, instead of waiting in lines. We were delighted to meet most of the characters that we had listed, and the ones we missed we will be meeting on our upcoming trip in May!
Meet and greet locations are found throughout each park – this information is found on your Times Guide…so make sure you get one when you enter a park!
- Mickey and Minnie at Town Square Theater in MK
- Tinkerbell and friends in Adventureland in MK
- Sorcerer Mickey at the Animation building in DHS
- Fab 5 at the Epcot Character Spot inside Innoventions
- Phineas and Ferb in DHS
- World Showcase in Epcot – it is possible to see Mulan in China, Jasmine and Aladdin in Morraco, Snow White in Germany, Belle and the Beast in France, Mary Poppins in UK and Duffythe Disney Bear near Mexico
- Character Trails in AK-Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, possible other characters like Pooh and friends or Lilo & Stitch
- Sometimes characters meet in Times Square at the MK, or will be in certain areas of a park appropriate to their movie (ex-Mary Poppins near the Carousel, Aladdin and Jasmine near the flying carpets, Captain Jack near POTC)
Character dining throughout WDW (characters are subject to change so double check before you make your reservations):
- Various Disney princess at Cinderella Royal Table and Akershus
- Chip and Dale at The Garden Grill Restaurant in Epcot
- 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian
- Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary Resort
- Lilo and Stitch at O’Hana at the Polynesian
- Various Disney Junior friends at Hollywood and Vine in DHS
- Donald & Daisey at Tusker House in AK
- Goofy, Pluto, possible Timon and Rafiki at Garden Grove at the Swan
- Pooh & friends at Crystal Palace in MK
- Goofy, Minnie, Donald at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.
Certain characters only meet at special events throughout the year:
- Star Wars Weekends – Star Wars characters and actors
- Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party – Seven Dwarfs, Princes, Villians
- Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party – Santa, Country Bears, Princes
- Autograph books are sold throughout property in any gift shop-make sure you have one before you begin your day! if you do not want to buy one, make your own!
- Use a sharpie marker or a long and fat pen. Many characters have large hands that are hard to hold a regular pen. Try using different colors- pink or purple for princess, blue or green for villains, red or black for Mickey and Minnie, ect.
- Offer assistance to characters who may have extremely large noses–my favorite is when we meet Pluto, he will usually put the book atop his nose to sign it
- Try to keep a page between each autograph in case the marker bleeds through the paper. I like to keep the pages in order of meeting each character, it helps to keep each days meetings together (helpful when writing trip reports or making scrapbooks
If there is a certain character that your child, or you, just have to meet and you aren’t sure if they do or not….ask a cast member at any park, they will be able to find out for you! All characters are subject to change at any time, so if your favorite character is not available when you visit, just think of it as an opportunity to see them next time! We missed out on Rapunzel and Tiana, I don’t even know how as they are two of my daughter’s favorite Princess and the newest to offer meet and greets…so come May we will be first in line for them!
Follow Jamie on Twitter @jrobbins79 and at her blog www.mydreamingcorner.blogspot.comShare