- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party dates have been announced. They are: Sept. 11th, 14th, 18th, 21st, 25th, 28th & 30th; Oct. 4th, 5th, 8th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 21st, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 28th, 30th and 31st; Nov. 2nd. Tickets are on sale now.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party dates have been announced as well. They are: Nov. 9th, 12th, 15th, 16th, 25th, 27th, 29th, 30th; Dec. 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 20th, 21st. Tickets are on sale now.
- The Fantasy Faire Gift Shop in Fantasyland is expected to close for a short refurbishment May 7th through 17th.
- The summer edition of The Magic, The Memories, and You has been announced. It will begin on May 25th and is expected to feature Phineas and Ferb. It is rumored that we’ll see Lion King , as well as a Little Mermaid characters in this version.
- A new timetable has been announced for the New Fantasyland project. As of right now, the second phase of Storybook Circus, including the second Dueling Dumbo with the indoor queue and Casey Jr. Splash and Soak Station are set to open this July. The Be Our Guest Restaurant, Under The Sea – Journey of The Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales With Belle, Ariel’s Grotto, and Gaston’s Tavern have a projected opening date of late 2012, right in time for the Holiday Season. Finally, Disney is expecting to open up The Seven Dwarves Mine Train, as well as putting the remaining finishing touches on this new expansion in late 2014.
- Tutto Italia and the new wine bar, Tutto Gusto, have now reopened after a lengthy refurb.
- Bistro de Paris will have a three month refurbishment starting from July 1st – Sept. 30th.
- For those who are wanting to see a sneak peak of “Brave” princess Merida, she is doing random meet and greets throughout Epcot until her spot in the Magic Kingdom is ready for her to move in.
- According to newly released concept art, the new version of Test Track will have a very sleek, almost Tron quality look to it. (It is rumored however, that FASTPASS guests will not be able to design their car, however they will have the opportunity to select from several premade versions. Also, in the post show, it’s rumored that guests will be able to make a TV commercial featuring their concept vehicle. The physical attraction is not expected to change.)
- The list for the Sounds Like Summer Concert Series is out! June 10-17 – Hotel California – Eagles tribute band June 18-23 – Mike Delguidice & Big Shot – A Billy Joel tribute band June 24-30 – Stayin’ Alive – Bee Gees tribute band July 1-7 – Slippery When Wet – Bon Jovi tribute band July 8-17 – Police Experience – The Police tribute band July 18-21 – Southbound and Company – Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band July 22-28 – 2U – U2 tribute band
- The official line up for the Eat To The Beat concert series that takes place during Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival have been announced. The acts include: 9/28-9/30: Night Ranger
10/1-10/3: Sugar Ray
10/4- 10/7: STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas
10/8-10/10: Boyz II Men
10/11-10/12: Smash Mouth
10/13-10/14: Javier Colon, winner of “The Voice”
10/15-10/17: Air Supply
10/18-10/19: Gin Blossoms
10/24-10/25: The Pointer Sisters
10/26-10/28: Sister Hazel
10/29-10/31: Billy Ocean
11/1-11/2: 38 Special
11/3-11/4: Howard Jones LIVE
11/5-11/6: Blues Traveler
11/7-11/8: Dennis DeYoung, original member of the group STYX
11/9-11/11: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- A new attraction is set to debut in Fall, based off of Pirates of the Caribbean. This attraction, called The Legend of Jack Sparrow is expected to take up residency in the former Narnia exhibit area. It is expected to be a first of it’s kind sensory experience with a chance to be enveloped in the four films. This is not expected to be a simple, “walk through the sets,” kind of attraction. Instead, it’s expected to be a sort of first-person experience.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- It’s Tough To Be A Bug is now back open after a small limb fell from the Tree of Life, causing the attraction to temporarily close.
- The Affection Section at Rafiki’s Planet Watch is closing for a refurb until June 10th. If you would like to still have animal encounters, you will be able to at the Conservation Station section.
General WDW News
- Disney is set to test it’s newest version of FASTPASS, NextGen technology in May. As part of the test, select random guests will be allowed to select preferred times for attractions prior to their arrival via email. Guests will then be emailed their itineraries and will only be allowed to enter FASTPASS+ attractions they are designated for during that specific time period. (If you forget your designated time, you will be able to check with guest relations or one of the FASTPASS+ locations.) Details are still sketchy on how this is to all play out, but the test will last until May 15th.
- Attention coffee lovers! Starbucks will be coming to Disney! Locations will be placed inside each of the four theme parks, themed in an appropriate manner.
- This rumor has been around for a while, California Grill is still being rumored to have a major refurb in 2013.
- Also rumored to have a very lengthy refurb is Hoop de doo Revue. This restaurant is expected to be down Oct., Nov. and part of Dec.
- Liberty Square Riverboat is expected to be down for a refurbishment from Aug. 4th – 10th.
- The rumor is back that a Rapunzel show may be replacing the Beauty and The Beast Show at DHS. It’s also rumored that The Theater of the Stars where the show is currently performed is going to become an enclosed theater.
- Rumored NextGen queues at DHS include Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, and Beauty and the Beast.
News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.Share