Hello everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful summer so far! I can’t believe that July is here already, the 4th is a favorite time of year for me as I love the fireworks. I love all the gorgeous colors lighting the sky. We sometime go to a large park near us and take in the fireworks around the area as we sit on a hill to see all the towns’ fireworks. But this can only be down on a clear 4th of July night. But really nothing compares to the Disney fireworks, they are just amazing! Looking forward to our November trip as we are now almost 4 month’s out, then I can enjoy all the holiday happenings in the World. For this months recipe I choose French Toast with Fresh Berries and Mascarpone Cream, the colors remind me of the Red White & Blue of our Flag so it works perfectly for this holiday celebration.
French Toast with Fresh Berries and Mascarpone Cream
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant Magic Kingdom Park
6 Whole eggs
4 c whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
8 pieces of thick white bread or sour dough
1/2 c mascarpone cheese softened
1/2 c confectioners sugar
1 c heavy cream
1/2 c fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in halves
1/2 c fresh blueberries
1 Tbsp fresh orange zest
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk & vanilla.
2) Evenly coat bread, absorbing all the mixture.
3) On a nonstick griddle, grill bread about 2 mins. each side or until golden brown. Keep warm in oven and cook in batches.
4) In a bowl, combine mascarpone, confectioners sugar 7 cream to the consistency of melted ice cream. Adjust with a few extra tablespoons of heavy cream if needed.
5) Cut french toast pieces diagonally; top with strawberries & blueberries, then drizzle with mascarpone cream. Sprinkle with orange zest & serve immediately.
I hope you have tried this dish in the park, if not now you can at home.
Have a Magical & Safe 4th of July!