How many days on that countdown again? Hmm what could I do to make my time until my trip go faster? ::says the Disney obsessed aka ME:: I am not sure about all of you, but I know that I personally that wait between trips can sometimes be painful and of course we have all found ways to make the wait pass by more smoothly. Of course there is the stalking of other Disney friends via Twitter, or planning ADRs and looking through old photos, but for me nothing quite delivers the Disney quick fix like Background Music Loops (BGM). This got me thinking as it usually does when I am brainstorming for posts and I began to rank BGM loops in order to find the one that can immerse me in the magic from 1000 miles away. What follows is a list of my top BGM loops to take a little trip to the world from my home when I might need to get away.
- Epcot Future World Loop: It is funny to me that when I was a kid I dreaded spending time at this park in the melting Florida sunshine. As an adult I have been able to truly appreciate this park much more and this music ties in to that idea. To me there is something quite uplifting and motivating about this music and I often find I play it in-between meetings at work to calm and motivate me onward to the next session.
- Main Street USA Loop: I cannot think of a better loop to play when I am feeling blue. The music on Main Street often finds me tapping along with a foot, hand or head, and always with a smile on my face. The light and jolly tunes bring me back to when I first walk onto Main Street on vacation and to be honest no other music lets me know I’ve arrived at the most magical place on earth quite the same.
- Sunset Boulevard Loop: This loop has sentimental value for me because my grandfather grew up knowing and loving this music and was able to tap into his youth every visit, even riding Tower of Terror! I love how this loop really identifies with a bygone era and encapsulates the time period so well. I often find I listen to this music as a means to wind down after a long day at work.
- Illuminations Pre-Show Loop: Okay so I realized while creating this list that I use each of these loops for different everyday activities and this one is no different. I find the music that is played prior to Illuminations is some of my favorite from the parks and is also awesome to keep me motivated during runs and working out in general. The nice mix of fast-paced inspiring music can push me up those super tough hills found here in PA, while the slower songs can unwind and slow my pace towards the end of my workout. Who knew working out could be so fun? HA … well at least bearable.
- Tomorrowland Loop (older version): This loop reminds me of vacations as a kid spent riding the TTA at night to cool off after a long day in the parks. There is something magical about Tomorrowland at night with all the neon lights and the music definitely adds to the ambience of this land. While I enjoy the current version of this BGM loop I can say I prefer and would choose the old loop from when Tomorrowland was first redone in the 90s.
So looking at that list doesn’t even begin to list half of the BGMs I listen to on a regular basis, but if I could only select 5 to hear outside of the park it would have to be those mentioned above in the list. So what about you? Do you have music that you listen to as you prepare for your next trip? Or just to get you through the crazy day? I’d love to hear what your favorites are as a fellow Disney lover. You can comment below or tweet me on Twitter @Disneydiamondz.