- LeCellier Steakhouse in Canada will now be a signature dining location for lunch now, requiring 2 dining credits for those on the Dining Plan for 2013.
- Disney has released what marketplaces will be available for the 2012 International Food and Wine Festival. In addition, they have also shared what Food and Beverage options will be available.
- The Boulangerie Pâtisserie is getting a renovation and is expected to reopen in December. When it reopens, it will have an updated name as well, Boulangerie Pâtisserie Des Halles, along with an updated menu and more seating options.
- Disney has announced the HGTV Stars that will be appearing during this year’s Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. They are: September 28-30 – Danielle Colding -2012 Design Star Winner October 5-7 – Casey Noble – “Design on a Dime” October 12-14 – Alison Victoria – DIY Network’s “Kitchen Crashers” October 19-21 – Brian Patrick Flynn – HGTV.com, “Design Happens” contributor October 26-28 – Meg Caswell – “Meg’s Great Rooms” November 2-4 – Marianne Canada – HGTV.com, “Design Happens” contributor November 9-12 – Emily Henderson – “Secrets From a Stylist”
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Honey I Shrunk the Kids Adventure Zone will be closed for a refurb from Sept. 10th -14th.
- The dates for the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights are Nov. 9th – Jan. 4th.
- The Grand Floridian is seeing a lot of refurbs. As of right now, Citricos will be closed until Aug. 4th. Beach Pool Bar is closed through Aug. 24th. Gasparilla Grill will be closed Aug. 24th to Dec. 2012. The shop Sandy Cove is expected to close on Aug. 21st through Dec. 2012. The main courtyard pool will be closing Aug. 24th and reopening in Dec. 2012.
- The Contemporary’s 14th Floor will be seeing a large scale refurbishment.
Disney Water Parks
- Blizzard Beach will be closed for it’s annual refurb starting Jan. 6th, 2013.
General WDW News
- Evening Extra Magic Hours have been reduced for 2013. Instead of 3 hours, like it is now, Evening Extra Magic Hours will only be 2 hours long.
- Disney is set to announce soon the My Disney Experience App. This new app will be taking the place of the Disney Mobile Magic App and it is expected to have enhancements, like the ability to use it with the NextGen Fastpass+ system.
- The Garden Grill at Epcot is rumored to be gaining it’s lunch option back. Lunch had been removed a few years back with the restaurant currently only serving dinner.
- It was floating around that a couple of the former clubs from Pleasure Island may reopen in October.
- It’s rumored that Jake and the Neverland Pirates are going to be taking over the Play and Dine character meal at Hollywood and Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Wreck It Ralph may be coming for a meet and greet this Fall.
- Agent P may also be coming for a meet and greet this Fall.
News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.Share