Hello all! Hope you are all doing well, we are excited over here. We are in the double digits to our Walt Disney World trip. Yay! I am amazed how fast summer has gone. If you have gardened this year & were watering like we were here you may have a ton of veggies that need to be made into something other than that same old thing. So I thought of two recipes that will give you something for cucumbers. I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do:) One is Disney & one is a family favorite.
Diao Yu Tai Cucumber Salad
Nine Dragons Restaurant, China Pavilion at Epcot
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 dried red Sichaun peppers (I have used fresh red peppers)
1 c white vinegar
1 c sugar
1. Thoroughly wash cucumbers & slice into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Toss cucumbers with salt in a colander. Place colander over bowl & let stand 20 minutes. Drain cucumbers & pat dry with paper towels.
3. Heat oil in wok over medium-low heat. Add peppers & stir fry until pepper darkens to a deeper red. 3 to 4 minutes. (This won’t happen with fresh red pepper but turn brighter)
4. Add vinegar and sugar; bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat & cool to room temperature.
5. Pour mixture over drained cucumbers in a medium glass bowl; cover & refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
My Family cucumber salad
1 cucumber (any variety)
3 slices white or Spanish onion
2 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
Salt & Pepper
Water to almost cover cukes
- My family cucumber salad recipe
We peel the cukes, dice up the onion, put in a medium glass bowl ( we have a cucumber bowl from my parents). Then we mix in the sugar, salt, pepper, water & vinegar. Cover & chill for 24 hours.
Note 1/2 c of light sour cream can be substituted for water if you want it creamy, you may need to thin with some water) (you can add dill or chives if you have them) Adjust to your taste:)
Hope you enjoy these recipes & have a very Magical Day!