You’ve seen the photos; tutus, mouse ears and polka dots galore. Scenes not from Halloween, but from a run through a Disney Park. Why does it look like so much fun? Because Disney takes “fun run” to another galaxy… and beyond! Maybe you’ve been tempted. How about a bit more?
- You run/walk/skip through one of the Disney Parks. From witnessing the sun rise over an empty World Showcase to jaunting through Cinderella Castle you have access to the magic like you’ve never had before.
- Characters are positioned throughout the race for photo ops! DURING a race! From Peter Pan to Jack Sparrow, you’ll run into (sorry) your favorites, and they’ll be waiting for you.
- The before-mentioned costumes. In addition to a field that is a cross-section of every age, body type, athletic ability and special ability imaginable, you’ll spot folks running donned in tiaras, Tinkerbell wings, full adult-sized Winnie the Pooh costumes, and everything in between. runDisney is definitely for the young at heart.
- There is music and fireworks. There are volunteers and cast members lining the course to cheer you on. Runners will be singing and chatting it up with each other along the way. It’s a full-out party at the crack of dawn!
- Party: There are parties before and after this running fiesta. Whether the Pasta in the Park Party, Disney Villains Hollywood Bash, or Finish Line Party, you can whoop it up in grand style.
- Stuff: a goody bag, refreshments, an event t-shirt, a personalized bib and a Finisher medallion. Some of these items are sure to become your most treasured Disney souvenirs.
- Professional photographers are stationed throughout the race. Their photos are sold afterwards on-line, so you can capture your “moment”.
- Whether you are excited by racing gear or not, there is always something sparkly and enticing at Disney’s Health & Fitness Expo, (keep telling yourself you earned it). While there, you must stop and listen to Jeff Galloway, official runDisney Training Consultant and former Olympian. Spend a couple of minutes listening to him and you’ll be signing up for your next race at the runDisney booth!
Is your internal motor running yet? runDisney literally has designed something for everyone; at every stage of life, families can run, have fun, and be active together. After all, they are THE masters of family entertainment. And a runDisney 5K is PURE entertainment.