One FREE event that’s a big hit with Walt Disney World Resort Guests and locals alike is the annual Festival of the Masters presented by Michaels, coming to Downtown Disney November 9-11, 2012. Now in its 37th season, this year’s open-air festival promises nearly 150 juried Fine Artists and over 40 Emerging Masters, showcasing a spectrum of talent in all sorts of visual arts mediums.
On display at Downtown Disney West Side will be limited edition paintings, photographs, sculptures, jewelry, glass work, prints, drawings, leather, wood, mixed media and collage, and digital art, with many pieces available for sale.
Over at the Marketplace, you will find chalk artists creating masterpieces on 6,000 square feet of sidewalk, and throughout Downtown you can enjoy live music, specialty foods, and family-friendly activities like these:
- Dazzling displays of paintings, photographs, jewelry and more
- Interactive, hands-on activities for Guests of all ages
- Two exciting video games await festival Guests at Disney Interactive: Disney Universe and Disney Princess Enchanted Storybook
- Live musical performances and entertainment, including: music at the Front Porch Bar at House of Blues, outdoor musical performances at Bongos Cuban Cafe™, Cirque du Soleil® acts on the plaza by La Nouba™ Box Office at Downtown Disney West Side
- Unique shopping from fine art to collectibles
- Fabulous food finds
- Face Painting by Cirque du Soleil®
- Children’s chalk area where kids get a mini-square and free chalk to explore their creative side
- LEGO® building where kids can build their own LEGO® masterpieces and help construct an 8-foot figure with a LEGO® Master Builder
- Custom framing to showcase your masterpieces
- MiDesign@Michaels™ digital scrapbooking
- And lots more!
At Michaels at the Waterside Stage, discover crafty ideas and tips with Jo Pearson, Kate Gribbon, Kathy Kromer, Jennifer Mele and Paula Schweikhard. Performance Times are
- Friday, November 9, 2011 – 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 10, 2011 – 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 11, 2011 – 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Festival of the Masters is one of the most highly acclaimed events of its kind in the United States. If you’re in the area, don’t miss it. Mark your calendar now!
Artists interested in applying for the Festival should visit Juried Art Services for full description of the process and to access contact information.
Jodi Whisenhunt’s MAGICAL MOUSE SCHOOLHOUSE: Learn While You Play at Walt Disney World Resort is now available in print and can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and CreateSpace. (Kindle and Nook versions also available!) Come, think outside the textbook and stretch the walls of your home classroom with Walt Disney entertainment!Share