So my boss recently asked me how many trips I have planned. Its usually 2-3 of my future trips. But right now we just have ONE trip planned! Next year’s Fantasy cruise for our dear friend Mary’s birthday. One of the reasons…..we’re splurging on that trip and staying on Concierge!
Our cruising buddies Allison and Steve have done concierge a couple of times now, and they are hooked. Mary decided that for her birthday cruise she really really wanted to try concierge. And somehow she talked the rest of us into it. I definitely was hesitant about the cost – its about double what we would have paid for our Deluxe Family Oceanview stateroom. But there are some perks that help offset that cost. What are they you may ask? From what I know so far……
- The convertible sofa in the concierge stateroom pulls out into a double bed (or maybe queen) instead of flipping down into a twin. Since that is where I sleep, I’m excited about a normal sized bed!
- The concierge lounge available to us, and with a door right outside our stateroom door. The lounge has a fancy coffee machine, which means I can skip my trips to Cove Cafe (and the price of that coffee!). There are also cocktails and snacks available. All included. I can bring a glass of wine with me to dinner and we can skip ordering drinks at dinner. I also understand there are some computers in the lounge with free internet access.
- The three concierges available to us. I’m not sure yet what magic we will try and pull off, but the Fantasy concierge staff helped us pull of a MAJOR surprise for mom on her birthday cruise earlier this year.
- The concierge sun deck. Anyone who has been on a Disney cruise knows how crowded the pools can get. On the Fantasy we’re very partial to Satellite Falls to keep us out of the craziness, but more and more people are finding that spot and it definitely gets more crowded. We’ll get access to our own private sundeck on Deck 13 forward. And sunscreen provided to us at no additional cost! Less to pack! Woohoo!
- 120 day booking window. Like the Platinum Castaway Club members you get to book excursions, dining, etc at 120 days out. Mom and I are only gold so our regular date is 105 days out. Since we like doing brunch at Palo and getting a cabana on Castaway Cay the 120 days is a definite advantage.
- Early boarding. The concierge guests have a special check in area at the terminal (at least in Port Canaveral) and get first access to board the ship. When you love the ship as much as we do every minute counts!
So those are just a few of the reasons we’re going to go ahead and try things out in concierge. The cruise isn’t until Oct 2014, but I’ll be sure to write up a report to see how it meets our expectations!Share