Hi my friends! I can’t believe it’s almost the end of May! Where has this year gone? Time is flying by so quickly!
However, this weekend, a new Disney movie is being released that will allow us to go back in time for a while!
Tomorrowland opens on Friday May 22nd and, I think, is one of the most highly anticipated movies of the year for Disney fans! Announced a few years ago in 2012 and then again at the D23 expo, with small teasers throughout the years, this movie has kept fans wondering what this movie will be about…or if even released! Finally though, after months of waiting, we saw trailers late 2014 and earlier this year, and since they were first released…this Disney fan cannot wait for this movie to open!
I want to share with you my TOP 5 reasons you should see Tomorrowland!
5. We get to see an idea of what Walt’s vision of a Utopian society may of looked like if EPCOT had come to be.
4. Brad Bird directs this movie!
3. The mystery of how the pin works will be explained!
2. Walt Disney! One of the most famous men in modern history, animation and society is featured in the movie! I enjoy any opportunity I have to see Walt Disney and listen to him speak and hear of his amazing ideas and concepts! So many of his plans have been developed throughout the world, it’s incredible to think of society without his input, and what it would be like without.
1. The World’s Fair of 1964-1965 attractions! To be able to travel back in time to see what the World’s Fair was like is exciting for me as I did not get to attend this in person but I’ve heard so many wonderful stories! Also, this is where some of our beloved attractions got their start! “it’s a small world”, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, and Carousel of Progress all opened here before moving back home to Disneyland, and then later to Walt Disney World! The Tower of the Four Winds is also highlighted which was the “weinie” for “it’s a small world”.
I found this awesome video from The Wonderful World of Color, Disneyland Goes To The World’s Fair (Complete) and it showcases the World’s Fair and Walt Disney’s involvement! Be sure to watch it if you want to learn more!
I am very excited to see Tomorrowland this weekend with Princess Kayla and I may even do a review of the movie in my next article!
For more information on Tomorrowland, please visit the official movie site!
Please comment below what you thought of the movie, or share with us on our WDW FanZone Facebook or Twitter pages!
Thanks for visiting the Zone today! Have a magical weekend!
Keep up with Jamie on Twitter @jrobbins79. You can e-mail her at email@example.com
Jamie is anxiously counting down to her next WDW vacation in less than 3 months!