Over the past few months, I have shared with you some of my favorite dining locations. I shared my favorite character meals, and my favorite resort sit down meals. We also have some favorite Quick Service Restaurants (counter service) that we frequent over and over again. And even with the quick service meals, we try to visit new places each visit. We love to visit the resorts and try their offerings too.
I have visited each resort, and I have my favorite resort (The Polynesian), but each resort is a joy to experience. From the decorations to the music, you will be transported to a different time period and/or geographical location. And the restaurants in each resort enable you to taste different cuisine.
Here are my top 5 Quick Service Restaurants throughout Walt Disney World Resort:
- Capt. Cook’s at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – I love visiting Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. I love the atmosphere, the restaurants, and the shops. Capt. Cook’s has wonderful food at a great price. Often late at night when we just need a quick bite to eat, we head on over. Afterwards we can grab a Mickey Ice Cream Bar or head outside to have the Pineapple Lanai for a Pineapple Dole Whip. The food offerings at Capt. Cook’s includes Pulled Pork Sandwiches with a Pineapple Coconut Bun and Asian Slaw, Pulled Pork Nachos with a Pineapple Slaw, Pho Noodle Bowl with Shrimp or Beef, Flatbreads, Fish Tacos, and traditional offerings such as Burgers and Hot Dogs. There truly is something for everyone here.
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom Park – Another something for everyone experience. Burgers (with a build your own topping bar), Chicken nuggets, Chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, french fries, and Rotisserie Chicken with sides of green beans and mashed potatoes are some of the entrees available at this location. There is plenty of air conditioned seating, and the Alien Entertainment is enjoyable! Two of us can share the rotisserie chicken meal, and we leave feeling full.
- Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion at Epcot – I love sitting in The Land. Even if there are people all around, I still feel calm and at peace in this Pavilion. The cafeteria style means everyone gets to eat something and nobody feels left out. The food offerings include Rotisserie chicken, pork chops, salmon, sweet and sour chicken and rice, Asian shrimp stir-fry, salads, fish tacos, macaroni and cheese, desserts, and snacks such as prepackaged cookies, chips, and pretzels. Even if you don’t want to eat, this is an excellent location to sit and relax.
- Flame Tree B.B.Q at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Offering Ribs, Chicken, Watermelon Salad, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Roasted Chicken, hot dogs, and more. This location has never failed us as a family. We have enjoyed our dining here each time. In fact, we like it so much we rarely eat anywhere else when we visit Animal Kingdom. And like all of our favorite locations, there is plenty of seating. This outdoor seating is covered overhead making sure you stay out of the sun and rain.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios Quick Service Restaurants along Sunset Boulevard – Fairfax Fare, Rosie’s All American Cafe, Catalina Eddie’s and Hollywood Scoops. My favorite offering in these locations is the Fairfax Salad – BBQ pulled pork atop a wedge salad with bacon, corn/tomato salsa, tortilla strips and cheddar cheese. The three restaurants combine to form an outdoor cafeteria-
style eatery that will make any family happy. Includes sandwiches, burgers, chicken nuggets, pizza, flatbreads, salads, and barbecue offerings. Plus you can finish it all off with ice cream!
As we continue to taste more of The World, I will bring you updates! Make sure to check back for more of our families favorites!