Drinking around the world is a favorite activity of Orlando locals and Walt Disney World visitors over 21. For those unfamiliar, “drinking around the world” is when guests go to Epcot and spend the day walking around the World Showcase sampling alcoholic beverages from around the globe. So, if you’re planning a boozy walk around the world, here a few tips.
- Please, drink responsibly. Don’t be that guy that’s drunk in line for Test Track or puking after Mission Space because of too many pints at the Rose and Crown. Know your limit and stay under it. This is a family establishment so please remain aware of your surroundings. Don’t get so intoxicated that you can’t act in an appropriate and respectful way. You’re not in a roadside bar, you’re in a respectable family environment so act as such. This is the most important rule.
- Don’t drink and drive. This rule should go without saying. If you’re a local, have a DD or take a taxi. If you’re staying at a Disney resort, utilize the buses!
- Stay hydrated with water. Walking all day in the sun will dehydrate you quickly. Combine that with alcohol and you could be in for a rough day. Drink some water between cocktails. You’ll thank yourself later.
- Mix it up. Don’t just stick to what you know. Many of the drinks around the World Showcase are authentic from the nations represented. Some specific drinks I would suggest would be the unique margaritas down in La Cava del Tequila in the Mexico pavilion. Sure, the pre-made frozen lime margaritas at the quick service place are great but they pale in comparison to the jalapeño or avocado margaritas inside. The line might be a bit long, but it’s worth it.
- Talk to your bartenders and make new friends! My favorite place to do this is in the Rose and Crown Pub in the United Kingdom pavilion. Most of the Cast Members at the World Showcase are only at Walt Disney World for a short time before they have to return home. They all have the best stories, get to know them and make some new friends. You’ll be really glad you did.
- By all means, please have fun! Sample all the fun beverages and make new friends. Drinking around the world, when done right, can be a really great time. Grab a group of 21+ friends and head over to Epcot for a different kind of Disney experience!