I have the advantage of being within 20 miles of EPCOT, so I get to drive down to see the bands at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series at my leisure. The Traffic on I4 around the constructions sites can get pretty hairy, but it’s worth the stress. I just have to walk through security, flash my Magic Band at the turnstile, maybe take a photo with some Disney Magic using my Photo Pass and then choosing either Mexico or Canada as my route to the American Gardens Theatre By The Shore!
I made sure to take a photo in front of the sign sporting the name of the band I’m about to enjoy.
Seats are hard to come by and standing on line in the hot sun is not my favorite thing to do. So I’ve taken advantage of what Disney has to offer this year to get myself way up close that has “guaranteed” me a great seat every time so far. I either book a lunch at one of the various EPCOT restaurants listed in the Eat to the Beat Dining Package. We’ve eaten at Chefs de France, Rose & Crown, Tokyo Dining and Restaurant Marrakesh last year. Most lunches are a little pricey and run around $65 dollars a person and include an appetizer, entrée, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage With the lunch package you get a sticker for your shirt that lists the show you have access to.
I’ve also signed up for a Chase Disney Credit card that get’s me an arm band for one of the 3 shows which also get me up close and personal with the band. This is a good thing for the bands that are very popular where seats are hard to get. I’ve found that if you get there early in the morning and get to the Chase Lounge when it first opens you most likely will be wearing the band of you choice. You are only allowed one per day so choose wisely.
There’s also a Disney Character Experience at private Card member location where you can take photos with one of the characters and download them at your leisure. So far, I plan on seeing at least 15 shows this season with the best seats in the house and some great photos with the members of some of the bands. I definitely will be seeing one of my favorite bands, Toad the Wet Sprocket 6 times for a total of 42 songs! That’s like going to a 4 hour concert. I love it and can’t wait to see the rest of the bands before the Food and Wine Festival is over for 2017.
2017 Eat to the Beat Concert Line Up!
- Delta Rae — August 31-September 1
- NEW! The Hooters – September 2-3
- NEW! Baha Men — September 4-5
- Fuel — September 6-7
- Starship featuring Mickey Thomas – September 8-10 (probably cancelled due to the hurricane)
- NEW! Lauren Alaina – September 11-12 (probably cancelled due to the hurricane)
- Plain White T’s — September 13-15
- Sister Hazel – September 16-17
- Air Supply — September 18-20
- David Cook — September 21-22
- Everclear — September 23-24
- Sugar Ray — September 25-27
- 38 Special – September 28-29
- NEW! Mark Wills – September 30-October 1
- NEW! American Authors – October 2-3
- Christopher Cross – October 4-5
- NEW! Devon Allman – October 6-8
- Dennis DeYoung: The Music of STYX — October 9-11
- Taylor Dayne — October 12-13
- Jeffrey Osbourne – October 14-15
- NEW! Postmodern Jukebox — October 16-17
- NEW! 10,000 Maniacs — October 18-20
- Toad the Wet Sprocket — October 21-22
- NEW! Kenny G — October 23-24
- Billy Ocean – October 25-26
- Tiffany – October 27-October 29
- Hanson — October 30-November 1
- NEW! Blue October — November 2-3
- Living Colour — November 4-5
- Boyz II Men — November 6-8
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy — November 9-11
- NEW! Squeeze — November 12-13