I admit I say it annually BUT this is the most wonderful time of year. Nope, not Christmas that is only one day; I am talking about the Epcot Food & Wine Festival which is not only more than one day but it Disney seems to tack on just a few more days every year making it just a bit longer. This years festival has already begun (it opened on August 31st) and runs until November 13th.
35 Kiosks house old and new offerings. Some of the new offerings I am excited about trying are:
- Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip with Sourdough Baguette (Coastal Eats)
- Sweet Pancake with Spicy Chipotle Chicken Sausage, Onion Jam and Maple Butter Syrup (Flavors from Fire)
- Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae with Fresh Berries and Crunchy Chocolate Oats (The Almond Orchard)
- L’Orange Cotton Candy: A Mixture of Lime and Orange Cotton Candy (Epcot Legacy Showplace)
I also recommend you don’t miss some of my favorite dishes like:
- Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée (Patagonia)
- Twinings® Pumpkin Chai Tea Frozen Cocktail with Caramel Vodka (Ireland)
- Boeuf Bourguignon, Purée de Pommes de Terre: Cabernet Sauvignon Braised Beef with Mashed Potatoes (France)
- Piggy Wings: Roasted Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds (Flavors from Fire)
If you don’t get distracted stopping for every yummy booth and actually make it, at least halfway around World Showcase you should stop at the American Gardens Theater to check out one of the Eat to the Beat Concerts. During the festival Disney hosts a wide variety of artists and the seats can’t be beat. I might even make a special week night trip out to the festival to checkout Postmodern Jukebox in October and Boyz to Men in November.
And if you really want to work off all those calories you can still sign up for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon or the Two Course Challenge (10K + Half Marathon) and pick up one of the sweet Epcot 35th inspired medals.
There is pretty much something for everyone at the Food & Wine Fest so if you haven’t made plans to go, break out the calendar now and find the time to attend. Your tummy will thank you.