Three weeks ago I took my yearly pilgrimage to Walt Disney World, more specifically to Epcot for the 2017 International Food and Wine Festival. For me, this is an event not to be missed!
This year, to celebrate Epcot’s 35th Anniversary (which was celebrated on October 1st), 35 outdoor food kiosks were erected throughout Future World and the World Showcase offering international and regional dishes to sample.
I only dream to be a local one day, so I can strategically plan my tastings over the course of the entire length of the 75-day festival. Sadly I’m not a local yet, so I had limited time to enjoy all it has to offer. I had to plan and prioritize which countries to visit first. Some included old favorites, some were new to the festival.
The heat was stifling (nearly 105) during the days I visited, which can make it very challenging to eat an extensive amount of food. The crowds were also pretty heavy causing longer lines in the blistering heat. While I didn’t get to try everything I wanted, I think I did well considering the short amount of time I had.
Here is a sampling of some of my favorites!
- Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese,
Peppers and Green Onions
- Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw and Avocado-Lemongrass Cream
- Rib Eye Taco: Marinated Rib Eye, Roasted Chipotle Sauce and Grilled Scallions on a Corn Tortilla
- Tequila Chipotle Shrimp: Served on a Black Bean Huarache garnished with Red and Green Cabbage, Queso Fresco, and Crema Mexicana
- Traditional Spanish Paella with Shrimp, Mussels, Chicken, and Crispy Chorizo
- Seafood Salad with Shrimp Bay Scallops and Mussels, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar, and Smoked Paprika
Hops & Barley
- New England Lobster Roll
- Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese served on Grilled Garlic Toast
- Anchor Brewing Liberty Ale, San Francisco, CA
If you are local, without a doubt you have tried some of these delicious samplings. If you aren’t local, and planning to visit the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, be sure to add these to your list. You will not be disappointed!
As the years go on, it’s evident by its popularity that food kiosks are popping up more frequently during other Epcot events such as the Flower and Garden Festival, Festival of the Arts, and this years Epcot International Festival of the Holidays from November 19 – December 30, 2017. But nothing can beat the full Epcot International Food and Wine Festival experience! Don’t miss it, there’s still time to enjoy!