As the clock struck midnight on NYE and the world was partying and ringing in the new year, I was already thinking about how many WDW vacations I need to plan for 2018!
There are so many new things happening this year, and within the next several years, there will not be a bad time to visit. You will be guaranteed a unique experience each and every time! But I like to plan strategically, to see as many new things as possible during each trip.
On average, I visit WDW at least twice a year. This year I will absolutely need to up the ante!
With all the festivities happening this year, both new and old, here are my top reasons for needing to plan not one, but multiple, WDW vacations in 2018:
- Toy Story Land – opening Summer 2018 at Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom celebrates its 20-year anniversary on Earth Day, April 22
- Disney Springs will debut a total of eight exciting new dining establishments in 2018:
- Early 2018: The Edison, Maria & Enzo’s Ristorante, Enzo’s Hideaway and Pizza Ponte
- Late 2018: Terralina Crafted Italian, Wine Bar George, Jaleo and Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill
- The extremely popular Epcot International Festival of the Arts is returning starting Jan 12 through Feb 19
- The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival celebrates its 25th Anniversary starting Feb 28 through May 28
- The Epcot Food & Wine Festival, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are yearly events not to be missed
The one thing still missing, and what I most hope for in 2018, is a new nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom. While nothing has been mentioned, it is still high on my wish list. The Happily Ever After fireworks are absolutely fabulous, however I terribly miss a nighttime parade. It adds an incredible amount of excitement and electricity to the park at night.
By now, I usually have at least one visit planned and on the books. I’m a bit behind the eight ball this year. I better get to it! Do you have a visit planned yet this year? What are you most excited to see (or eat) in 2018?