Greetings fellow Disney fans!
It is getting to the time of year when I am done with the winter weather and looking towards things that warm my heart. I’m definitely trying to ignore that groundhog prediction of 6 more weeks of winter and instead focus on all of the fun little holidays coming up. With Valentine’s Day fast approaching I started to think about my Disney Fairy Tale Wedding and all of the awesome and romantic shots captured that day. While we were able to create some amazing shots I also enjoyed finding ways to create couple’s photos throughout Disney property.
Please note that these photo ideas can be used for anyone and does not need to be specific to couples, but rather to family, friends or anyone you share a special connection with. 🙂
- Alcove on Main St. USA between the Jewelers and Glass store: This is a great area to capture the magic of main street with fewer crowds and a greater chance of getting that sans other tourist photo.
- New Fantasyland: Take your pick in this magical area. From Be Our Guest restaurant to the waterfalls at The Little Mermaid queue line, to the magical lanterns at the Tangled restrooms the options are endless.
- Swiss Family Treehouse: Some of the lookouts that this attraction have provide the perfect vantage point to create a unique photo with those you love and the castle backdrop from high above.
- The Living Seas: The backdrop of the fish and dolphins in the tanks create a great photo opportunity within a theme park.
- Spaceship Earth: I might be partial to this one, but so many ways to use this grand and miraculous attraction in photos.
- World Showcase: This is another one of those take your pick categories, but the options are endless. Some of my favorites include the waterfalls in Canada, the fountains in France, Moroccan architecture, the gardens in Japan, and the phone booths in the United Kingdom.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Tower of Terror queue: This setting offers an old Hollywood vibe that can be hard to resist.
- Echo Lake: Who can resist Gertie the dinosaur?
- Sci-Fi Drive In: The car out front makes for a cute setup for a photo with those who mean the most to you.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Any of the paths around the Tree of Life: This park may be celebrating 20 years, but this sight never gets old and capturing different perspectives of the tree in a family photo just adds to the magic.
- Trails: The theme throughout these trails is magnificent and who knows you might be able to capture a tiger, gorilla, hippo or other animals in the background.
- Pandora: While I have yet to see this land for myself I can tell you all that I plan of documenting all the beautiful theme within this area on my next visit.
- Resort lobby: Several Disney resorts offer some amazing places to setup photos with your valentine. Some of my favorite include Boardwalk Inn Resort, the Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Disney’s Port Orleans, Fort Wilderness and the Grand Floridian.
- Disney Springs: With all of the recent additions to this area there are a lot of great areas off the beaten path to take some photos along the water.
- Transportation: How about a seat on the back of a friendship boat with the backdrop of resorts around Crescent Lake? Or Seven Seas Lagoon? A bus selfie or monorail photo when you have the whole car to yourself?
What about you? What photos would be on your list? Feel free to comment below!