Community

Information and opinions on Disney podcasts, Disney websites, and ways to become involved in the Disney community.

D23 Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives

By
November 11, 2013
D23 Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives

October 16, 2013 marked the debut of D23 Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives, in Chicago, Illinois at the Museum of Science and Industry.  The opening of the exhibit also marked the 90th anniversary of the Walt Disney Company. “Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives showcases the creativity and innovation that has defined Disney...
Read More »

25 Reasons To Go To Walt Disney World

By
October 23, 2013
25 Reasons To Go To Walt Disney World

I wrote my very first blog post on February 6, 2009 titled the Wonderful World of Disney and since that day I haven’t stopped writing about my passion for Disney, my experiences and all the wonderful and amazing friendships that I have made through the Disney fan community.  Also, nearly four years ago on...
Read More »

Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room

By
October 10, 2013
Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room

This last trip to Walt Disney World marked our second time having Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Tea Room at the Grand Floridian. If you have not tried this lovely treat, I highly recommend it. Tea is served from 2pm-5pm daily, and Advanced Dining Reservations are recommended. This last trip mom and I...
Read More »

Faces in the Queue: Meet Maureen!

By
September 5, 2013
Faces in the Queue: Meet Maureen!

When Maureen Deal was planning her family’s first visit to Walt Disney World in 2003 she scoured the internet for information about guests with Autism, hoping to make the trip easier for her nine year-old son, Zachary. “There wasn’t very much,” she says, “a page of tips here, an article there” but no comprehensive...
Read More »

Countdown to….vacation!!

By
August 9, 2013

Hello friends!!! I hope you are enjoying your summer and staying cool!! Here in Chicago, we have had a pretty mild summer, with only a few extremely hot days! The past few days and the upcoming week seem to be turning hotter again, so it will prepare me for my upcoming Walt Disney World...
Read More »

Disney Book Review – 3500: An Autistic Boy’s Ten-Year Romance with Snow White

By
August 8, 2013
Disney Book Review – 3500: An Autistic Boy’s Ten-Year Romance with Snow White

If you are a Disney fan and you are looking for a light summer read, I suggest you try 3500: An Autistic Boy’s Ten Year Romance with Snow White. Ron Miles has penned a heartfelt memoir about his son Ben — a profoundly disabled young man with Autism who rode the Snow White’s Scary...
Read More »

When will my reflection show who I am inside?

By
July 5, 2013
When will my reflection show who I am inside?

Do you ever feel like your Disney life is a completely different one than your real life? That your love for Disney, your passion for Disney, is so deep that sometimes you question it and begin to doubt yourself? Do you ever wonder if you ever can fall out of love with Disney?...
Read More »

In the Zone with @SamsDisneyDiary #2: Walt Disney World Car Masters Weekend: Father’s Day 2013

By
June 18, 2013
Rev Up for Car Masters Weekend, June 15-16, 2013

Looking for some www.LimitedTimeMagic.com for Father’s Day?  Disneyland “Gave Dad an Incredible Father’s Day” with Mr. Incredible over at Disney California Adventure (June 10-16th 2013)  WDW on the other hand, missed the opportunity!  At least from a “Limited Time Magic” point of view.   Fortunately, for dads like me that happened to be visiting...
Read More »

Counting Down With Countdowns!

By
June 5, 2013

ONLY 2 months and 2 weeks until I am in Walt Disney World! I can’t believe time is moving so quickly! I still have so much to do the next few weeks…booking airfare and making ADRs! I talked to Princess Kayla the other day and asked her what she was most excited about for our...
Read More »

Disney Princess Build-A-Bear

By
May 25, 2013
Disney Princess Build-A-Bear

A few weeks ago, we received a flyer in the mail from Build-A-Bear Workshops, informing us they were introducing a new “LIMITED TIME” Disney Princess bear!  The beautiful pink bear measures 16 inches tall, and comes with a purple tiara and on her left paw has 6 of the 11 Disney Princess-Aurora, Tiana, Cinderella,...
Read More »

Tools